Here you can find the 11 best everyday carry knives under $25 that I’ve used. Each of them is made from great-quality ingredients. So choose which one is suitable for you.
- Kershaw Top Quality Lightweight Folding Pocket Knife – 2.6-Inch
- Victorinox Classic High-Quality Multi-functional Knife – 2.3-Inch
- Smith & Wesson Top Quality Guard Folding Knife – 4.4-Inch
- CRKT Squid Best-Budget Straight Edge Pocket Knife – 2.2-Inch
- Buck Reasonably-Priced One-Hand Opening Folding Knife – 2.75-Inch
- Kershaw Filter Best-Budget Folding Pocket Knife – 3.2-Inch
- Smith & Wesson Low-Priced Clip Point Folding Knife – 3.3-Inch
- Outdoor Edge Best-Average Replaceable Blade Folding Pocket Knife – 3.5-Inch
- Grand Way Budget-Friendly Folding Pocket Knife – 3.5-Inch
- Victorinox Top-Rated All-Purpose Pocket Knife – 2.7-Inch
- SOG Flare High-End Straight Edge Folding Knife – 3.5-Inch
Best Pocket Knife Under $25
1. Kershaw Lightweight Folding Pocket Knife of 2.6-Inch 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel Blade
A budget-friendly, reliable, top-of-the-line Chinese-produced 8Cr13MoV steel that has carbon and nickel for hardness and edge retention.
The knife becomes extremely sharp and holds an edge due to the precision heat-treated process that can withstand damage from both abrasive and adhesive wear.
The handle is especially tough and able to take versatile heavy-duty tasks. It is a nylon synthetic polymer reinforced handle with glass threads for increased strength.
The shape of the handle and the finger grooves make me feel good in my hand. It’s very much a grippy-matte finish which inspires confidence while using it.
It is very easy to perform a quick flip of your wrist and open this one-handed with the thumb stud to safely deploy the blade. The liner locking system safely secures the blade open and prevents unwanted blade closure.
The reversible pocket clip is convenient for left or right-hand carry.
- The blade is sharp and holds an edge well
- Small enough that it’s easy to carry
- Large enough that you can still get a good grip on it
- The handle shape is comfortable to hold
- It’s a very well-made knife
- The spine and locking mechanism are solid
- Perfect size for smaller hands
- Lightweight due to the plastic handle
- The bottle opener is surprisingly great
- It has a screwdriver tip
- Added a lanyard hole
- The knife has a limited lifetime warranty
- The pocket clip is only reversible from one side to the other
- No assisted opening
2. Victorinox Classic Multi-functional Knife of 2.3-Inch Stainless Steel Blade
From carving wood to preparing food this blade is perfect due to being made of high-quality stainless steel.
Thanks to the sharp blade, which provides precision when cutting. This versatile knife comes razor sharp and stays that way for a long time.
The shape of the ABS handle scales is well-finished which is a great feature as it makes it easy to hold in my hand and does not slip.
The wide handle delivers a better grip and gives more control of the knife while cutting. Small enough that it’s comfortable to use and handle but with enough gadgets to cover everything I need.
Victorinox provides a lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship.
- Sharp scissors and blade!
- It has a solid construction
- The plastic pick is useful for various things
- If properly maintained, this can last years
- It will take a pretty good edge
- Most used tools included
- This knife is Lightweight
- Compact and portable
- Not easy to use if you have large hands
- Tiny keychain loop, hard to work with
3. Smith & Wesson Guard Folding Knife of 4.4-Inch 7Cr17MoV High-Carbon Stainless Steel Blade
The blade is made of 7Cr17MoV Black Oxide High Carbon Stainless Steel. This blade appears to be capable of doing nearly anything I would need for.
An absolute beast, and has a solid blade. The knife is built for large hands and is super sharp right out of the box. After a few months of daily use, the blade has retained its sharpness.
Made out of black aluminum with Trac-Tec inserts which gives a durable handle for a long time.
The underside has finger grooves, while the grippy is textured like sandpaper. However, it’s a slightly small area of texture, just enough for an ideal firm grip.
It was a tight opening at first but has quickly become easy to open. it is easy to open using thumb studs. The locking mechanism has solid engagement and is easy to release!
Quick and easy access with the convenient pocket clip and ambidextrous thumb knobs make it ideal for everyday carry.
- The blade is thick and very tough
- Used it for over a year and only sharpened it once
- The metal is far better quality as well
- This knife has a fantastic handle with a solid grip
- Wearing gloves won’t cause problems with grip either
- The blade would be great for self-defense
- The blade slides open and locks with minimal effort
- Easy opening with dual thumb studs
- Has a glass breaker and seatbelt cutter!
- This knife is made in the USA
- It has a limited lifetime warranty
- Not for smaller hands
- The clip is not reversible
4. CRKT Squid Straight Edge Pocket Knife of 2.2-Inch 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel Blade
This EDC folding knife is made out of an 8Cr13MoV stainless-steel blade. I sharpened the edge to my liking and found the steel to sharpen quickly, producing a very sharp edge.
As I have used this black blade for a long time, it holds a good edge. The best part of the blade is that it is suitable for utility tasks.
The stainless steel stonewash wide handle offers great control and balance. It is allowing my first three fingers to grip the handle securely, while the pinky finger prevents my hand from slipping forward onto the blade.
Use thumb studs to deploy the blade very quickly and easily. The blade locks tightly into the frame lock, is easy to lock, and won’t accidentally unlock in your pocket. Deep pocket clip for secure carrying with perfect fitting.
- If you are looking for a small, tough, affordable, and comfortable EDC knife, this is it!
- The blade was factory sharp out of the box
- It is a very solid knife for EDC
- The balance and weight were excellent while using
- The blade action is excellent and smooth
- Easy to use with or without gloves for two-handed opening
- There is also a lanyard loop above the pocket clip
- Small and compact design for easy to carry
- The company gives a limited lifetime warranty
- The pocket-clip position is fixed
5. Buck One-Hand Opening Folding Knife of 2.75-Inch High-Carbon Stainless Steel Blade
Constructed out of 420HC steel which delivers excellent strength, and edge retention to the blade. The blade is very sharp out of the box and does not need to be re-sharpen all that often.
Add our exclusive heat-treat process and you have a very user-friendly combination of superior corrosion resistance with durability. The blade is ground real thin so it has great geometry for slicing through practical things like food.
The handle is glass reinforced nylon plastic, but it’s also very lightweight and I like the texture more than I thought I might. The finger swells in the grip making this knife easy to hold, and providing a sure grip in any condition.
The handle has a spot for your index finger. It is hard plastic but has a nice surface. This plastic handle is sturdy, it’s a great size.
There’s resistance to opening the blade, but it’s a perfect amount for easy opening with a thumb. The mid-Lockback location makes for a smooth closing. The lock-back mechanism locks the blade open for reliable strength and safety while you work.
- Has a thumb stud on the blade, To facilitate a smooth, easy one-hand opening action
- Super sharp and holds an edge
- Lightweight handle for a good balance
- Good construction and perfect for everyday tasks of cutting cardboard and plastics
- Can be used left or right handed
- The ergonomic handle fits nicely
- Feels perfect in hand, good grip
- Great knife for the price
- Easy to use with one hand
- It fits easily in the pocket
- Made in the USA
- Warranty for a lifetime!
- No clip
- The handle feels a bit cheap
6. Kershaw Filter Folding Pocket Knife of 3.2-Inch Stainless Steel Blade
Built with 4Cr14 steel and matching stainless steel handles are coated with a black-oxide BlackWash finish for rugged good looks and extra corrosion resistance. A highly stain-resistant, value-priced steel is reasonably tough and corrosion resistant.
They come out of the box already sharp enough to shave with. The feel of this blade, the quality of the build, and the sharpness make this blade the best pocket knife.
The glass-filled nylon handle has incredible stiffness for a secure and stable grip, great ability to withstand heat, and dimensional stability combined with excellent wear resistance. The K-Texture pattern ensures the user will always have a secure hold, even on slippery.
The handle has nicely rounded edges so you don’t scrape yourself against it while it is in your pocket. The size is perfect. It has a rounded feel and is smooth and balanced, weight-wise.
SpeedSafe assisted opening system allows simple, one-handed operation with a thumb stud or flipper, while a frame lock keeps the blade securely open during use.
The frame locking mechanism is strong and it’s sturdy with the blade open. Deep-carry pocket clip allows for discreet, comfortable carry when necessary.
- Great blade, and you can feel that it will last a lifetime
- The Filter can be quickly and easily operated safely with one hand
- Pretty nice knife for the money
- Came razor-sharp out of the box
- The assisted opening was stiff but easily fixed using a Torx bit
- The blade is strong
- The blade flips out well and fits well in my hand
- Great size for carrying and use in daily life
- It opens quickly and the belt clip stays on the inside of my pocket well
- The assisted opening is weak
- Heavy knife
- The clip cannot be reversible
7. Smith & Wesson 3.3-Inch Clip Point Folding Knife of 3.3-Inch High-Carbon Stainless Steel Blade
The blade is made of reliable 7Cr17MoV Black Oxide high carbon stainless steel. The knife is made with a black high carbon stainless steel drop point blade.
It has the typical nylon washers but they are smooth and hold the blade tight. It has the typical nylon washers but they are smooth and hold the blade tight. The blade spine gets a grip!
It has a black rubber-coated aluminum handle that comes with jimping, a lanyard hole, and a pocket clip. I like the rubberized handles -it doesn’t slip. The rubber-type grip is unbeatable.
It is also possible to grab this knife almost at the edge of the blade for added impact force. The ergonomic handle is made of material that keeps a good grip.
The thumb knob on the blade is a little small but that is ok – no problems with not being able to find it via feel. One-handed opening is quick and easy with adjustable tension via the pivot screw.
The lock-up is very good. The liner lock is a bit on the thin side but locks solid and operates smoothly. The deep carry clip is solid but not too tight. I like that.
- Comes with an extremely sharp blade
- The scales/grip are very comfortable
- Easy to use, cuts the great, strong blade
- The blade came sharp and unscratched
- Easy one-handed operation
- The grip on the handle is perfect
- The locking mechanism is strong
- Lanyard Hole provides multiple carrying options
- The blade lock works and releases well
- The clip to keep it in place in the pocket
- The pivot pin has Torx fasteners on both sides for adjustment.
- The clip can not be reversed.
8. Outdoor Edge Replaceable Blade Folding Pocket Knife of 3.5-Inch Japanese 420J2 stainless steel Blade
Manufactured with Japanese 420J2 stainless steel and they are replacement blades. The blades are precisely heat-treated to ensure excellent edge retention, then hand-finished shaving sharp; Including 3 replacement blades total; Additional drop-point replacement blade packs are sold separately.
Change blades fast and easy! When a blade goes dull, simply push the lock release button in the handle to remove and insert a shaving-sharp new one.
Incredibly strong, lightweight Grivory Nylon Polymer handle with Trimond texture provides a secure, non-slip grip, even when wet.
The size is perfect and I have to check to make sure I have it with me because it’s so comfortable. The balance and control of this blade are especially good for long-time uses.
The double-sided thumb stud allows easy, one-hand opening, and the replaceable pocket clip contours with the handle so it feels like an integral part of the grip. The lock back seems strong.
The knife holds the blades very securely and provides for one-handed manipulation. The knife body has a built-in clip. Very sturdy and holds great without being hard to slip on.
- Very sharp well made
- Easy to change the blades
- Good value for the money
- This is a great knife with its replaceable blades
- No broken handle or blade
- The handle has a non-slip grip
- This knife is very lightweight
- The opening mechanism is smooth with a positive lock
- Fits very well in my pocket
- Arrives with a lifetime warranty
- The lanyard hole is available
- keep bending the metal clip
9. Grand Way Folding Pocket Knife of 3.5-Inch Stainless Steel Blade
The blade is made of stainless steel 440C. The “plus” of the material is the excellent corrosion resistance and the ability to “hold” the cutting edge for a long time. The whole knife felt solidly constructed and the blade came with a sharp edge.
The grind on the blade is slightly irregular, no doubt due to it being ground by hand. The blade has corrosion resistance, to emphasize hardness, toughness, and durability. Blade Length: 3.5-Inch, Closed Length: 4.7-inch, Overall Length: 8,26-inch, Knife Weight: 5,29 OZ!
The handle of the knife is made of olive wood. The wooden handle is very attractive and the finger recesses help to provide a sure grip.
The scales are olive wood, which is quite beautiful. The handle is very nice and fits well in your hand. The overall knife is fantastic. It Has triple-riveted to hold the handle scale in its place.
I need to use the nail-nick to open it. I would have to use two hands to open it because the little notch on the blunt side isn’t enough to hook a finger in and open it with one hand. But at this price, I really can’t complain. it opens and closes very smoothly and locks fine when in the open position.
- The knife is sturdy and heavy
- The craftsmanship of the handle is simply put, amazing!
- Well worth the money!
- Not to mention the blade is a razor shape out of the box
- The blade and scales are all high-quality materials
- Solid build and takes an edge when needed
- It is very comfortable in the hand
- Action for opening and closing is smooth
- The locking mechanism works well
- This pocket knife is a beast
- It is heavy in the hand
- It doesn’t lock when closed
- No clip
10. Victorinox All-Purpose Pocket Knife of 2.7-Inch Stainless Steel Blade
Swiss Army knives are manufactured from high-quality steel with precisely tuned features that are essential for the particular application. The steel is tempered, annealed, and polished to achieve the necessary hardness and provide optimum resistance to corrosion.
I am very pleased with the sharpness of the knife, it’s excellent and I have had no trouble cutting through the bits and pieces I’ve had so far.
This is a quality tool, the handle has the right size too for easy handling with a good grip. Small enough that it is comfortable to use and handle but with enough gadgets that cover everything that you really need. Perfect pocket knife.
The handle scales are slightly textured which is a great feature as it makes it easy to hold in your hand and not slippery.
Screwdriver: A versatile screwdriver that has everything the professional needs.
Scissors: Make tough cuts with strength and control.
Bottle Opener: This function opens the wine, beer, soft drinks, soda water, coca cola, and more. A tool that is great for professional bartenders or home use.
Victorinox gives a lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship.
- The blade came extreme sharp
- The saw blade is very useful
- Swiss-made pocket knife with 13 functions
- Includes a wood saw and Phillips screwdriver
- Multitaskers that deliver in any situation
- Your companion for a weekend outdoors
- You can also remove the smaller blade and add some scissors
- The blades and tools still open with a snap and stay firmly in position when open
- Tools that everyone should own
- Fits perfectly on my keys
- Scissors was a little dull
- Tiny keychain loop, very hard to work
- Not easy to use if you have large hands
11. SOG Flare Straight Edge Folding Knife of 3.5-Inch Stainless Steel Blade
Your SOG Flare folding knife is crafted in 8Cr13MoV stainless steel. The clip point adds balance for more precision cuts with sturdy, sharp, and has extremely minimal blade play.
If you’re looking for something long-lasting and durable this is your knife. Comes razor-sharp out of the box and is easy to maintain. High-quality American steel you can count on for whatever your needs might be.
I’m assuming the handle is intentionally made to be lightweight and is made of high-strength polymer plastic. Very light but there is enough surface on the handle to help keep a grip.
The glass-reinforced nylon handle is very balance tips toward the blade when open. It has a small guard on the blade side and ribbing on the back of the handle.
This EDC-assisted opening pocket knife is built for fast access. The blade opens perfectly every time and is sturdy and tight in the frame.
This folding knife opens single-handed, while Piston Lock secures it closed. locks open securely and release easily when I need to close it. This knife comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Very sharp right out of the box
- A great value for a daily carry EDC knife to use in the warehouse, construction site, or job site
- The Flare is designed as an all-around everyday carry you can take anywhere, any time
- An affordable multiuse blade
- Fast, one-hand opens
- It feels solid when open
- smoother in opening and securely locking
- Spring-assist works lightning fast
- The plastic handle makes the knife very light
- Has low carry clip
- The knife feels tight as hell when out of the box
- It’s flimsy
- Handle feels cheap